Shippies is famous for its relaxed and welcoming atmosphere and we work hard to keep it that way.
There are just a few things we’d like you to bear in mind.
1. Responsible service of alcohol
While you’re here, we feel responsible for your well-being and safety, so in accordance with state laws we have the option of declining to serve alcohol if we think you’ve had enough. All our staff are trained in the responsible service of alcohol and to do it politely.
- It’s now illegal for us to serve double measures of spirits — another regulation to ensure your health and safety
Tasmania’s smoking regulations are very strict and there are significant penalties for you — and us — for any breaches.
Food is served throughout the hotel, so smoking is not permitted anywhere inside the building, nor in the beer garden, which is also a food service area. You may smoke on the pavement in Trumpeter Street but not within 3 metres of any door; please use the wall-mounted ash receptacles. While outside, regulations don’t allow you to take any alcoholic beverage with you. You may also smoke in the car park, but again you may not take any alcohol out there with you.
Smoking is not permitted in guest rooms.
We don’t impose a dress code as such but we prefer neat casual attire — no bare feet or thongs because of the possibility of injury from broken glass or other accidents.
- Please try to avoid swearing — it may offend others and it isn’t a good look anyway.
- We don’t allow dogs or other pets into the hotel.
- If you’re dining with young children, for their own safety and the comfort of others, please don’t allow them to run about the hotel unsupervised.
That’s all. Enjoy your time at Shippies.
Adrienne Daly, Licensee